» PLAN International e.V.
» World Vision e.V.
» Kindernothilfe e.V.
» CCF Kinderhilfswerk/Childfund Deutschland
Have you ever asked these organisations whether and how the sponsored girls are protected from female genital mutilation?
Ines Laufer of TaskForce FGM and the initiator of the sponsored girls campaign WHOA!, have asked. She found out, that none of the above mentioned organisations is willing to consequently protect the girls from being genitally mutilated, because none of them
- stipulates the abandonment of FGM in their funding-guidelines and preconditions of support
- strictly demands the protection of the sponsored girls as a sign of respect for the UN-Convention for the rights of the child (1989). The abolition of FGM is currently NOT a precondition for any financial or material support for the communities
- includes into the negotiations of support to actively urge the mostly male decision makers to guarantee the protection of the sponsored female children.
True and lasting development of the whole society is simply impossible if this FGM is maintained. Regarding development aid, this fact has direct and negative consequences. There is a simple, efficient and lasting solution – that fully focuses the intactness of the sponsored girls and therefore improved chances for the development of the whole society.
“Contrary to every attempt to solution which has been discussed hitherto we give highest priority to secure the girls. No ifs, no buts! This is what I call consequence! (Ines Laufer)
Support the alliance for the protection of girls from genital mutilation:
- AKIFRA e.V.
- Lobby für Menschenrechte e.V.
- Stiftung Deutsches Forum Kinderzukunft
- TABU e.V.
- TaskForce für effektive Prävention von Genitalverstümmelung
- WADI e.V.
- Human Rights Services (Oslo/Norwegen)
and the warriors against FGM like
- Sister Fa (Senegal/Berlin), – watch the video of her song “Bou Souba Si Ngone” about forced marriage!
- Martin Umbach – actor and author, who visited the Sinai peninsula and learned, that 90% of the women there are genitally mutilated.
- Simone Schwarz of TABU e.V.
- Thomas von der Osten-Sacken of WADI e.V.
You can find more information about the campaign and links to its petition- and the donation-sites in the right sidebar.
Do you want to protect “your” sponsored girl – now or in the future? Then you should join WHOA!!